wtorek, 11 listopada 2014

The only remaining flash of creativity

In reference to my previous post I would like to write about how my creativity and imagination have changed in the course of time.

When I finished elementary school, my mind was still full of ideas. I found a new way to realise them and I started to write poems, stories and lyrics for songs. Initially I didn't want anyone to read them, but one day I showed some of my compositions to my ex-best friend. Unexpectedly, she also began to write. Then I noticed that her poems were very similar to mine. Probably for that reason I lost the inspiration. Even if I had time and wanted to write something I lacked ideas.
In upper secondary school I wrote only a few short poems. Anyway, in the drawer in my desk there were a lot of sheets of paper with some incomplete lines written on them.

Besides poems I was using my imagination also to create some handmade gifts, decorations and jewellery. I used to spend all my free time making bracelets, earrings and other trinkets for my family, friends and for myself. I’ve never used any model, I have always invented my own designs for jewellery. However, as time goes by, the number of my projects has decreased. Fortunately in this case the inspiration didn’t disappear at all. It still happens that I create some handicrafts but only occasionally.

I would like to tell you something more about this hobby. If it comes to jewelry I like the most to make earrings and bracelets with colourful beads. I like floral patterns and vivid, warm colours, not pastel (and I hate pink!).




A lot of my friends think I’m crazy that I have the patience to create something with such tiny components. Nevertheless I love it and what’s more my patience is almost unlimited. For example when I drop one bead I don’t take immediately another one but firstly I have to look for that first bead everywhere. 


Except jewellery I like to make also gift boxes, greeting cards and other useful decorations.

Now I have problem when I have to come up with an idea to do something. It refers not only to artistic activity but also to other areas of my life. I wonder where is my imagination now? And I guess it hid somewhere in my dreams, given that they are so unusual, intriguing and complex.

At this point it would be good to quote one of my weirdest dreams but unfortunately I can’t trust my memory and the notebook with my dreams isn’t in my reach now. Therefore I will continue this subject in my next posts.


2 komentarze:

  1. Don't worry! Your imagination will come back to you unexpectedly, I'm sure. :) This earrings look so nice.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. How creative You are! I'm shocked but in a positive way. Making something from nothing, it is a priceless! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń