piątek, 15 stycznia 2016

Tv series generation

People always try to give a name to each generation and to stick a label to it. Also my generation is often determined in different ways. Someone can say that we are computer games generation, internet generation, smartphone generation, travelers generation, polyglots generation etc. There is a dose of truth in each of these denominations. But recently I realized another thing. We are tv series generation.

Who of you didn't watch Wild doll or another South American telenovela in the late elementary school? Does The Bold and the Beautiful sound strange to you? Have you ever seen any polish tv series like Pierwsza miłość, Na dobre i na złe or Na wspólnej? How many times have you seen Friends? And now what are you doing when you have an hour break between repeating the material from the last classes and reading book for another one?


Maybe it isn't a rule but almost all of my friends are crazy about at least one tv series. I know a lot of young people who watch their favourite series everyday. Some of them can watch the entire season in one or two days. And when the series ends they can immediately find another one and dedicate to it a lot of time.


I have to say that in moments like this I'm always asking myself 'Is everything okay with me?'. It is because I have little in common with my peers. When I was younger I used to watch some tv series with my mum but now I don't do this. I'm surprised that my friends find time to watch something. And they do this regularly! For me the titles like Doctor WhoHow I Met Your Mother, Breaking Bad or even Game of Thrones are only words often spoken by my friends but I have no idea what these series could be about.


It is only one series which I like. But the frequency of my watching it is very low. It will be more clear if I say that I've watched it since about three years and now I'm in the beginning of the fourth season, which is the last one. It is the series which I remember from my childhood. It is called Early Edition and it is about a man Gary who everyday gets tomorrow's news paper which appears in his flat with a ginger cat. Gary's mission is to prevent tragedies. Very often saving someone he become himself in dangerous situations. It is a story about a normal man who likes to help another people. And that's why I like this series. Even if it isn't realistic it has a good impact on me. It always leaves some positive thoughts in my mind. Here is the beginning of the series:



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz