sobota, 20 grudnia 2014

The music I’m crazy about. Part 2: Slovenian rock

I love foreign languages. The music which I listen to is connected with that passion. I like listen to many kinds of music in many different languages. Sometimes the lyrics of the song aren’t so important to me. I like to listen to music in foreign language even if I don’t understand what the song is about. It is sufficient that I like the sound of the language and how it fits the music.

One of my favourite rock bands is Siddharta. It is one of the most known Slovenian rock bands. It was founded by four friends: Tomi Meglič, Primož Benko, Primož Majerič and Boštjan Meglič in 1995. In the course of time the members of the band has changed a little bit. Today the band consists of five members: Tomi Meglič (vocals and guitar), Primož Benko (guitar and back vocals), Boštjan Meglič (drums), Jani Hace (bass guitar) and Tomaž O. Rous (keyboard).


The name Siddharta comes from the title of a book written by a German writer Herman Hesse. They play songs in Slovene and English. Here is one of my favourite songs of Siddharta, Napoj:


At the beginning of 2014 the band gave a big surprise to their Polish fans. They recorded the Polish version of one of their biggest hits 'Samo edini' ('Samo jedyny'):



I feel very lucky because I had a chance to know the members of Siddharta in person after one of their concerts in Poland in 2013. Until now I’ve been only at three concerts of Siddharta. I can’t wait to another one and I hope that in the future I will have a possibility to go to their concert in Slovenia. I also would like to learn Slovene. Here is a photo of me and Siddharta’s vocalist Tomi:


1 komentarz:

  1. The group seems really interesting, both the music and the videos. Thank you for sharing!

    OdpowiedzUsuń