środa, 7 stycznia 2015

Board and card games – that’s the fun!

We are already in 2015. I hope this year will be successful for all of us!

I would like to tell you how I spent the New Year’s Eve because this time it was different than others. This year me and my friends decided not to go or organize a typical party with noisy music, dance and big amounts of alcohol. We met in a group of 7 people in my friend’s house and we brought a lot of board and card games on various topics. These games are our common passion. We spent half the night and half the next day checking our knowledge about the world, exercising the reflex, creativity in inventing stories, language skills, developing strategies and also exercising abdominal muscles by laughter ;)

I really love to play games. It is a good way to spend your free time with your friends, family and also to get to know new people (for example during events dedicated to board games). There are a lot of genres of board games I usually play: educational games, logic games, party games, strategy games, economic games, games of physical skill etc. I’ve never played any RPG (role-playing game) but I would like to try.

It is hard to say which game is my favourite but one of the best games I recently knew is called Dixit.
In this game each player gets some cards with different abstract pictures on them. The first player, called the storyteller, chooses one of his cards and invents a title of the picture. It can be a phrase, a simple word or even a gesture. Then he puts his card on the table face down and tells the title. Other players choose one of their cards which match the cited title the most and put it on the table face down next to the first card. Then all the cards on the table are shuffled and turned face up.
All the players (except the storyteller) guess which card belongs to the storyteller. Who guesses well gets some points. Points are given also to the storyteller if someone but not everyone guessed which card belongs to him and as well to the player whose card was betted. Dixit is very joyful game. It requires a lot of creativity. How about you? Do you like to play board and card games?

7 komentarzy:

  1. This game is illustrated wonderful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I have played Dixit with my family a few times - it is really great fun! And Ju is right: the artwork is truly beautiful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. I have also played Dixit with my friends :) It was very interesting :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Oh, I love this game, but unfortunately when I have my favourite cart I don't won't to lose it...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Ten komentarz został usunięty przez autora.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Ten komentarz został usunięty przez autora.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Oh,there is a place btw called GOSU on Taczak. There are a lot of games! You should totally go there!

    OdpowiedzUsuń