piątek, 16 stycznia 2015

The music I’m crazy about. Part 3: Swedish music

Sweden is one of the countries that I like very much. I’ve been three times in Sweden, precisely in Malmö. I have some Swedish friends and I would like to learn their national language. In my opinion Swedish sounds beautiful but it is very difficult language to learn, especially the pronunciation. For now I know only few Swedish words and expressions and in most cases I learned them from music :)

I listen to a lot of Swedish bands and musicians whose music can be assigned to many different genres. Below I present some of my favourite Swedish musicians who sing in their national language:

Veronica Maggio is a Swedish pop singer and songwriter. She was born in 1981 in Uppsala. She has Italian origins. Her discography includes four albums and several singles. Her music is known and appreciated not only in Sweden but also in other Scandinavian countries as Norway, Denmark and Finland








Säkert! is a band name of Swedish indiepop singer and songwriter Annika Norlin. The same singer makes also music in English under the name Hello Saferide. She was born in 1977 in Östersund. As Säkert! she released three albums (two in Swedish and one in English).









Laleh is a Swedish pop singer, songwriter, guitarist, pianist and actress with Iranian origins. She was born in 1982 in Iran. She released five albums in which she sings in Swedish, English and also Persian. Recently I heard her songs in polish radio stations. That fact surprised me positively :)








Kent is one of the most known Swedish rock bands founded in 1990. The members of the band are from Eskilstuna. They make music in Swedish and English. They are known not only in Sweden but also in other European countries and in USA. Their discography includes more than ten albums.








Movits! is a Swedish band founded in 2007 in Luleå. Their music is an interesting mix of swing, jazz and hip-hop. They have two albums and some singles. Their album Äppelknyckarjazz is released also in the USA by Comedy Central Records.

3 komentarze: