czwartek, 28 maja 2015

Dream within a dream

Do you know what false awakening is? It is a phenomenon when you dream that you wake up, you do some common activities like refreshing, getting dressed, preparing and eating breakfast etc. During this dream you are usually convinced that you stay really awake as long as you truly wake up. After getting up you can feel confused and unsure of what you really did and what you dreamt.



I experienced such a dream last night. I woke up, got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. After a few minutes I opened the fridge and took sandwiches which I had prepared the evening before and I put them into my bag. I don’t remember more details but I know that there were more everyday activities in that dream. Then my alarm clock rang and I really woke up. I was convinced that it was Friday and I said to my boyfriend ‘Oh, finally I can rest. I like Friday so much!’ and he made me aware of the fact that it was only Thursday and I had to go on university. I had to admit that he ruined my good mood. During the day some events which happened, people I met etc seemed to me strange. I had a feeling that all that things have already happened to me today. I realized that I had that dream within a dream. That’s why in the morning I thought Thursday has already passed. My dreams are becoming more and more fascinating for me!


Again I want to ask you a question: Have you ever experienced a false awakening? What was it like?

2 komentarze:

  1. I have never felt a false awakening but many times I used to feel a moment in which I realised that I had to do something because it was a school day. It also happened to me that I had a rest during a day and sleeping too much time, I woke up and was going to prepare me to go out. I thought that it was an early morning but in fact it was a late evening during the winter. There was darkness outside and I was not able to recognise a part of the day ;). It was so strange ;).

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. This is like "Inception"! :D The bit about Friday seems particularly painful - I feel sorry for you!

    OdpowiedzUsuń